Thursday, February 28, 2008

National Poetry Month Project

To celebrate National Poetry Month in April I would like to be able to feature one poet a day, much like we did for The Twelve Days of Poetry project.

That means I need 30 volunteers to send me a link to a poem. If you are interested in taking part then sign up in the comments. After that you have until April 1st to pick the poem you want to share and write a short bio about yourself.

Submit to: poetswhoblog@yahoo.com

Example 1:
Chicago native Poet Guy has been blogging for the last six months at Windy City Poet.
Today he offers the poem Lakeshore.

Example 2:
Candance Anderson's work can be found at Vividocity. She's been published at 32 poems and has been featured by Poet a Day. Candance asks that you check out her poem, Colors of the Wind.


Example 3:
In the spirit of ushering in Spring, JewelTones offers the poem Daybreak for you to check out at her blog, The Nature of Words. JewelTones is a stay at home mom in this lifetime but suspects she was an Indian Princess in her last. Please take a moment to pop on over to The Nature of Words.

Example 4:
Today's poem comes from Baxter of the poetry blog Dropped Verses. This university student in France has been writing poetry since he was 15. Wander on over to Dropped Verses and read Why She Never Loved Me.

Example 5:
Gigi from The Here is Now shares with all Poet Who Blog members her poem How High is Thee. Gigi has been blogging for the last three years and can often be found posting at Read. Write. Poem and The Writer's Island. She is formerely a featured poet in the Spotlight Series at PWB.


If you could write two to three lines about yourself and your poem in the third person for me to use it would make this project a lot easier on me. Thank you to everyone who decides to take part.

I really hope 30 poets jump in. If not I may link to famous poems on the days when no one has volunteered. Think this project will work?

It's up to you.

Sign up in the comments. Then send bio and poem link to poetswhoblog@yahoo.com

Your Blog Manager,

Sara

P.S. All examples are fictional.
P.P.S Who's following the Tag Poem?

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

A West Coast native transplanted to the deep south, Pamela Olson has been blogging for about 3 months but writing poetry for years (won't say just how long)! Today she offers the poem She Walks Into the Water

writerwoman said...

Pam, hi!

Thanks for deciding to take part.

You have the right idea about the bio but could you email me a new link to a different poem before April 1st?

I will change the post to reflect that I need the links and bios emailed to me so I can post one a day in April.

Use the comments just to say you are interested, that way Iknow when we have reached 30.

Thanks!

Sara

Tumblewords: said...

I'd love to take part!

Anonymous said...

Sara, I will email you a new poem. I kind of wondered if that was how you were going to handle it but it wasn't included in the original post.

Anonymous said...

I love to join but I'm so terrible at writing about myself but I will take it as another writing challenge.

So add me! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'd also love to take part. Hopefully, I'll have something worthwhile by then.

The Phantom said...

Well you know I'm in :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm in even though this is kinda scary for me. :)

Anonymous said...

If I do get featured, do it on the 19th-- It's my 18th birthday then.

ren powell said...

sara- I would also like to take part- sent an email. . .

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear so many poets are into this idea.

Keep signing up and sending me emails and it should be a fun April around here as we all get to check out poet's work who we may have previously been unaware of.

Thank you for supporting PWB.

Sara

rch said...

Hi Sara, count me in. My B-day is the tenth (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Mark Folse said...

Count me in. Are you looking for something new (not already published on my site?)

writerwoman said...

It can already be on your site. It's your choice.

Thanks for signing up, Mark.

Anonymous said...

Hey, count me in!

Anonymous said...

Hey, count me in! Thanks.

paisley said...

well i guess you can count me in... i will have to conspire with some of the other poets to see what kind of work is being submitted... is there a theme or anything... or just one of our favorites????

writerwoman said...

Just a favorite. Whatever poem you want.

Anonymous said...

Are we up to 30 yet?

Anonymous said...

We need at least twelve more. Keep the sign ups coming in.

Billy do you want a day?

Anonymous said...

I am in Sara, will send you the link to my poem and the bio as well - thanks

Word Catalyst Magazine said...

Hi Sara, Count me in too!

Anonymous said...

Am in! Can I have the 13th please? :)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to participate, Sara!

Poetmeister...on the road to Parnassus

qualcosa di bello said...

sara...i am willing to join in the april project. this is a great idea

Ayesha said...

Maya is 16 years old and lives in Bombay, India. She has been blogging for just over a year now and is dying for feedback and criticism of any kind!!

Sara, I'd love to take part, and here is a link to my blog;
www.ayeshathom.blogspot.com
Please count me in and let me know what I have to do!
My e-mail id:- ayesha.maya@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Sara,

If you're not already up to 30, I'd love to take part!

writerwoman said...

We still have room.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed this the first time, but I'm interested.

Cassiopeia Rises said...

If it's not too late I would love to take part in this.

Melanie Bishop

http://www.beloveddreamer.com

I'll be back with a poem

writerwoman said...

Submitpoems and a bio of less than three lines to: poetswhoblog@yahoo.com

Geraldine said...

I think I'm under the wire for your deadline. I'd like to participate. I will send my bio and poem to your email today.

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

Poetryman said...

morning madness

blue thunder

commuter traffic awakes and growls

hungry for gasoline and bad coffee

Anonymous said...

love poems.